Wednesday, January 7, 2009

True To Form

While my friends in the south and west think we are getting what the rest of the northeast is getting we really are not. If you'll excuse the pun, people who have not lived on Long Island just don't get our weather.

I have seen predictions of major snowstorms and it turn out to be nothing. I have seen predictions of freezing rain, have the temperatures moderate and again- just good rain just like last night. Just the opposite happens upstate- they get a warning and they get hit.

We have had many winters with no snow days. This is our coldest month. I'll start my seedlings as soon as I get all the Christmas stuff put away. That is life on Long Island. Then again some of our biggest snows have come in February, ...then melted and we are in the thaw!

No comments: