Thursday, February 12, 2009

Long Island Bagels Update

I was with my kids and grandkids in New Jersey last week. They assured me that my first visit to Panera Bread would be enjoyable. I ordered a poppy seed bagel with veggie cream cheese (They didn't have lox spread). The first clue should have been when they asked if I wanted it toasted. I never heard of a toasted bagel until my brief hiatus in Upstate NY when all they had were Lender's Frozen Bagels. I never got used to them. The second hint in Panera was the cream cheese. It was handed to me in a container that had a plastic seal. I opened it and spread it on my "bagel".

I guess for someone out of the area this breakfast could have sufficed but all I kept thinking of was an everything egg bagel with chopped chicken liver or an everything bagel with lox/cream cheese spread and not plastic wrap with it!

I know I am spoiled but that goes with living on the Island where the best food in the world is. Nothing else even comes close!


No comments: