Friday, October 24, 2014

Coach Jim Murrin, Jerusalem Avenue Junior High School

We lost a great coach today. Coach Jim Murrin coached at Jerusalem Avenue Junior High School back in the turbulent 1960's and 70's. He coached track, wrestling, and football.

On the day we were being weighed and measured for our height he said to me as I stepped off the scale, "Mancini, how come you didn't go out for track?" I answered, "I don't know." He responded, "Go out for the team." I did and it changed the rest of my school years.

Coach Murrin was one tough coach. He did not put up with any nonsense. He worked us hard and expected us to do our best.

You never had to try and figure out what he meant because he spoke straight and to the point.

He leaves us all with personal memories of running, wrestling and playing football for him, Jerusalem Ave. and giving it our all.

Thanks Coach!!



No comments: